The Cheatham House at William & Mary was located at 221 Richmond Road. In 1911-1912, it was the Pi Kappa Alpha House. Sometime between 1925-1929, it was the Sigma Phi Epsilon House. In 1929, it was the Davis House [?] and was used as an auxiliary dormitory for freshmen. From 1929 until around 1935, it was the Richmond Road Dormitory. The house was purchased by William & Mary from Nancy Davis Upshur and C. Littleton Upshur on August 7, 1945. (Consolidated Land Register, WMSBG D.B. 20--265) In 1989, the house was sold to the Presbyterian Church.
Material in the Special Collections Research Center
- 1912 Colonial Echo, p.65; 1915 Colonial Echo, p. 96,; 1916 Colonial Echo, p. 117.
- 1926 Colonial Echo, p. 156, 1927 Colonial Echo, p. 174, Flat Hat, 9/27/1929, 1.
- The Flat Hat, 9/27/1929, p. 1.