Faculty and Staff
The list of past faculty, which originally appeared here, was removed due to both the number of errors and the difficulty and challenges in maintaining an accurate and updated list.
Faculty names can be found by using the following sources:
- Faculty Assembly Records - The faculty minutes from 1729-1945 have been digitized and can be found here.
- William and Mary Catalog
- Colonial Echo Yearbooks
- Flat Hat student newspaper
- University Archives Faculty-Alumni File Collection
Those interested in material published by members of the faculty should consult Swem Library's online catalog and journal databases as well as Special Collections.
Number of Faculty
- 1831-1833: 7
- 1834-1837: 6
- 1838: 8
- 1839-1842: 5
- 1842-1847: 4
- 1848-1849: 5
- 1850-1851: 6
- 1852-1855: 7
- 1856-1861: 6
- 1974: 391 (from 1974 Self-Study)
- Alphabetic Faculty Fall 1974, 1/03/75: Aceto-112, conner-108, garner-108, kerner-108, neiman-108, shepherd-108, wheeler-30; Total-682 (from the Office of Institutional Research records)
- Alpha F,A,L,S,E 4/75: Aceto-105, Diduk-105, Jensen-105, Palmaz-105, Thomas-58, Total-478 (from the Office of Institutional Research records)
- Alpha F,A,L,S,E 1/75: Aceto-112, Conner-108, Garner-108, Kerner-108, Neiman-108, Shepherd-108, Wheeler-30, Total- 682 (from the Office of Institutional Research records)
- Number of faculty from 1831-1861 from The American Almanac and Repository of Useful Knowledge for the Year 1831, Boston: Gray and Bowen, 1830. AY 54 A5 (1831-1861).