The Young Woman's Club of Williamsburg was federated March 22, 1949. After the Club voted to divide and form a Junior Woman's Club in January, 1954, the Club was renamed The Woman's Club of Williamsburg. Membership provides affiliation with the Virginia Federation of Women's Clubs (VFWC) and the General Federation of Women's Clubs (GFWC). Club is in the Tidewater District of VFWC, which includes Eastern Shore, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Poquoson, Portsmouth, Toano, Virginia Beach, York County, James City County, and Williamsburg. The VFWC was organized in 1907. The GFWC was organized in 1890, and chartered by Congress in 1901. It is the oldest and largest non-denominational, nonpartisan, international service of volunteer women in the world. Membership includes all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and 45 countries and territories. Work together as volunteers to benefit designated community organizations and projects, thereby enriching the quality of life for all citizens of the Greater Williamsburg Area.