The Dean of Men at William & Mary was the early to mid-twentieth century equivalent of the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs. Its counterpart the Dean of Women was established in 1918 as women students entered the college.
Chronological List of Deans of Men
- William Thomas Hodges 1927-1934 (First year he is Dean of Freshmen Men)
- J. Wilfred Lambert 1934-1945
- John Evans Hocutt 1945-1952
- Joe D. Farrar 1952-1958
- Overton Durrett 1958- 1959 (Acting Dean)
- Carson H. Barnes, Jr. 1959-1969
- Vacant 1969-1970
- W. Samuel Sadler 1970-1973
Material in the Special Collections Research Center
- Dean of Men in the SCRC database.